It's not terminal but it isn't fun...

Welcome to my blog!

Out of sheer necessity to communicate, I find myself turning to the Internet to express thoughts and feelings during this very weird time in my life. I can only write so many emails of great length to friends before I bore them to tears with my tales "behind bars". But I'm aware that I'm not the only person who has gone through this, is currently going through this, or will go through it in the future.

In the long run I hope my ranting ends up helping someone, but right now my motives are purely selfish.

I just need to speak, yet I can't. So, dear followers, read on!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

sorry, I didn't recongnize you with your mouth open!

Well kiddies,  It's been a while since I posted and I'm sure you've all had your life on hold wondering what is going on.  If not, humor me and just pretend you were.
It's been a month since my wires were ripped from my mouth and my jaw is slowly healing.  I'm getting used to the the "new normal" that is my new bite.  My jaw closes but it is a few degrees from pre-accident.  There is not much to be done about that.  My jaw has reset in a best a position obtainable without surgery which doesn't guarantee anything better, and a whole host of other complications.  I won't go that route.
I can eat, and have been doing so with great lust.  I back to a healthier (certainly stronger) weight, working out again and moving forward.
As for the broken teeth. I'm of to see the dentist on October 5th to survey the damage.  I don't expect the four front teeth will go without some major work.  I have very little feeling in them which is never a good sign. The roots have receive a terrible blow.
I revisited the site of the accident.  I held on the the railing of the escalator like a scared little old man as I down. What I now see is that at the bottom of the ride is a plate of three yards of steel, before the brick floor begins. So clearly, I fell face forward into metal. SWEET!
Lesson to be learned: metal attracts metal
Think about it, it's deep.  Hey......close your mouth when your thinking so hard!


No comments:

Post a Comment